EP Cybersecurity is one of the most popular specialties at AITU. Cybersecurity is aimed at training highly qualified specialists in the field of protection of computer systems, networks, and data.
In order to ensure effective protection of a computer, server, network or mobile device. A cybersecurity specialist should have a deep understanding of the architecture and device of a computer, server and mobile devices, know and understand how the operating system works for both PC, server, mobile device and network devices, should understand computer networks and network protocols. In addition, he must be a programmer and developer of software, web and mobile applications and be able to work with database management systems (Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL). All these specified skills are laid down in the process of studying under the cybersecurity program at our university. After students have mastered the basic and fundamental knowledge and skills of an IT specialist, the most interesting part of the training begins for which they chose this specialty.
Students study in detail the types of cyber threats (Cybercrime, Cyberattack, Cyberterrorism) and methods of protection against these threats, study malware (Viruses, Trojans, Spyware, ransomware, Adware, Botnets) and develop tools to neutralize malware.
A great emphasis in the cybersecurity program is placed on information security, i.e. ensuring the integrity and privacy of data, both during storage and during transmission. Students study data encryption methods and algorithms and secure transmission methods. In this specialty, students study the mathematical apparatus necessary for an advanced IT specialist, and also such a science as cryptography, which allows encrypting information for both storage and transmission.
After graduating from the EP, graduates can work:
– cybersecurity specialists in various public and private organizations (state security, law enforcement and military organizations, banking system, medical institutions)
– developer of software, web and mobile applications
– specialist in computer systems and networks
– a specialist in various IT areas.
1) formation of students’ skills to identify cybersecurity threats, critical and expert assessment of ways to overcome them and forecast expected results in the event of their occurrence;
2) formation of students’ critical approach to solving problems, the ability to synthesize non-obvious solutions, formulate them in the form of tasks and evaluate the progress of their execution;
3) formation of students’ scientific style of narration (presentation) to explain complex concepts and innovative ideas to the professional community and the general public;
4) formation of students’ skills of pedagogical, scientific and design activities, preparation of reports and development of scientific and technical documentation.
Master of Technical Sciences in the educational program “Cybersecurity”
Leave contact details and get advice on admission to the Master’s program