Astana IT University would like to encourage everyone to participate in English Language Olympiad
English Language Olympiad «AITU iQyn 2022» – remote (online) Olympiad, in which students of 11–12 grades can take part. The competition is a great chance for students to test English language proficiency and get an exemption from the English entrance exam test when entering Astana IT University. If you enjoy learning a foreign language and are interested in enriching your knowledge of vocabulary and grammar, would like to study IT in English as well, then the English Olympiad «AITU iQyn 2022» is just for you.
Olympiad participation form: remote (online)
Number of rounds: 2
Subject: English language
In the first round, vocabulary, grammar and reading skills (text up to 400 words) are tested in the online testing format. The test duration is 60 minutes. Online testing is conducted on the educational platform “Moodle” (video instructions and registration are available on the Official Website). Accounts will be created for each participant and sent to the email address specified during registration for the Olympiad. The participant must check the entrance to the platform in advance.
In the second round, oral speech skills are tested. Participants admitted to the second round must prepare a video presentation on a given topic within five days. The topic and criteria for the video presentation will be available on the Official Website.
Video Performance Requirements:
· Video duration – 3 minutes;
· The presentation must be in English;
· It is forbidden to use special tools when shooting and editing video (imposing background sounds, animation, special effects, filters, etc.);
· participation of unauthorized persons except the participant in the video itself is not allowed.
Instructions for submitting a video:
· upload the video to the YouTube.com platform and open access, copy the link;
· attach a link to the specified task “2 ROUND” on the Moodle platform;
· Videos that are not available for viewing are not considered by the organizing committee.
The maximum result of the second round is 40 points.
Participants who have successfully passed two rounds of the Olympiad are awarded certificates of exemption from the entrance exam in English upon admission to Astana IT University.